The most important activities in CREMONA Fine-violin- workshop have always been the repair and meticulous restoration of string instruments. we are happy to be at your service. Our work shop practice utilizes traditional, time honored repair and restoration techniques executed to the highest standard.
We specialize in the repair and restoration of historically significant instruments. We cater to the needs of serious students and professionals including buying a new instrument, tonal adjustments, and day-to-day repairs. We also provide routine bow maintenance and repair and restoration from the simplest to the most complex. We give free repair estimates which require an in person examination of the instrument. Repairing an instrument often refers to minor work such as carving a new bridge, smoothing a fingerboard, treating pegs, and touching up the varnish.
- Bushing pegholes,
- Opening instruments,
- Fitting a new bassbar (with a patch or cleats),
- Repairing cracks,
- Replacing worn corners and edges,
- Fitting a soundpost patch,
- Correction of the neck angle or resetting the neck.
- Renewing the fingerboard,
- Planing the fingerboard,
- Renewing or refitting pegs,
- Protective varnishing, retouching the varnish and sealing the top rib,
- Gluing of all kinds.